Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Dinner for the New Mum and Dad

My spare time today was spent organising dinner for my lovely sister and brother in laws - Jess and Stephen. They have Alex home from hospital now for 7 or 8 nights. We are all finally disease and bug and flu free so we made dinner. Eli was really excited to finally meet Alex as he had been too sick the last couple of visits.
I remember people making meals for me and how amazing it was to have. So I tried to make enough for tomorrow lunch as well. Little Mieke loves my jam and spiced apple cake. As those are both diary free I made some for her.
So dinner was cucumber salad with Lime and olive oil dressing, meatballs in lots of lovely slow cooked tomato, rice and then apple cake for dessert. Then a loaf of homemade bread and a jar of jam. With a carafe of Feijoachello for when the new mum is feeling she needs a bit of something at night.
Earlier in the afternoon Jess told Mieke that I was coming with dinner tonight. Mieke's only comment was "Karen, Cake". Then when I walked in the door she lifted her hands up to be picked up and asked for cake!!! Is that good or bad that auntie is known for making cake??

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely thought Karen. You really are an amazing woman. Dian Armstrong

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....