Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Work in Progress

Over the last week I have been working hard trying to finish many things. Goodness how do I get so many unfinished projects? I have a bit of a rescue job to do when we come back from our next week away (the garage flooded with the recent rain and in spite of being up on blocks the suitcase with half done quilts and material for the charity I support, all got wet and I have to clear it out) so am trying to get things in my room finished first.

The cushion cover on the  matching quilt

The hourglass flannelette quilt in the making
I have just about finished the entire redo of Jakob's room. The last thing on my list for him was a matching cushion to go with his new decor. Last night I spent quilting the cushion top. It is now ready to be made into a proper cushion cover.

I have also been wanting to have my quilt for the caravan done. I am going girly and recycled. It is made from a flannelette sheet I bought at an Op Shop for $3 and lots of PJ tops and bottoms purchased for .50 cents. I am loving it so far but want to be using it!!! (sigh it will not be ready for this next trip away).

I sometimes link to these places.

19 comments:

  1. Those crosses look very neat and cute! Visiting from freshly pieced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colours look great together! Love the neat straight quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt and cushion cover are perfect. Love the start of the caravan quilt. Hourglasses are one of my favorite blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. I popped over to your blogs. Love the wool you have spun

      Delete
  4. What a great finish on the cushion. Now it's of your todolist! I think I'll like the caravan quilt. Girly and recycling, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cushion. It looks great with the quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. I love the socks you are knitting. Have never made a pair yet but always intended to.

      Delete
  6. Jakob is going to be one lucky kiddo, because those are incredible!!! The up-cycled aspect of the caravan quilt makes me love it even more! Can't wait to see how they progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Breathing new life into old fabric is awesome. And that cross quilt and pillowcase... Wow! Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cross quilt. Your colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the crosses and the colours you've used. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the quilt!....would love to see photos of his room finished - one lucky boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way you quilted the crosses on the cushion cover and quilt- beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow..lovely quilting. visiting you from find a friend friday

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clever work! Love it! Thanks for sharing! Would love to have you visit me sometime.
    Have a fabulous day!

    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the color combination of orange,green, black and grey quilt! Is there a bigger picture of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin, thanks for visiting my blog. There is a much bigger picture of the quilt in my blog. If you have a look at the post on August 13, 2012. Cheers

      Delete
  15. LOVE the colors!!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality! I'm looking forward to seeing what you link up this evening! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....