Friday, August 2, 2013

Trying to challenge myself

While away on my quilting retreat last weekend at Living Springs, I had these quilt to finish off quilting and binding.

Because they are all charity quilts I do want to do them quickly, so I end up in a rut and either stitching in the ditch or resorting to my standby of stipple.

By the time I got to the third quilt I decided to try something new. A random flower that had been very well explained in a blog I follow. I have been trying to find it - I thought it was at Cluck Cluck Sew but can't locate the blog post. (if you know it please let me know so that I can link back).

Anyway I decided to do that on what was otherwise a plain strip quilt. It did not take too long for the quilt pattern to be looking consistent, so I completed some single flowers and some doubles.

Yay now that is three more quilts completely finished.

I link to these places



flower pattern
double flower

Single flower

6 comments:

  1. Lovely to have you stop by my blog. :)
    I like your flower quilting, both the single and double flowers. You must have been very pleased with these too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice job with the quilting. I use every quilt I make to practice my quilting - like you discovered, it doesn't take long to see some consistency!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the quilting
    I haven't mastered quilting myself yet
    And yeah for quilts for charity

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are sweet, that's pretty quilting thread you're using too. You're way ahead of me, I haven't even mastered a stipple yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how lovely! yay for finishing them and mixing it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I am now learning how to quilt and this seems challenging but doable for a beginner. I think I may try it.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....