Monday, May 16, 2016

A finished quilt for charity

Well this week I posted my last huge university assignment onto the website, so to celebrate I sat at the sewing machine. I could not work out how to quilt this together without affecting the look of the cats. So I just did an all over stipple.
patchwork and quilting

The original quilt top was sent in by Jennifer, my sister then sewed borders and I sandwiched, quilted and bound it. All ready for the orphans at Hope Homes International.

The high winds we have been having stopped us going out in the caravan this weekend so I took Eli out for a date night. We both had a blast. For a total of $40 we went to the movies, had dinner, bought a gift each and rode on the coolest things in the mall.

This finish has gotten me inspired to get on with stuff, so I started finishing a giraffe. Then it stopped hmmm.

Linking to these places


4 comments:

  1. Hi there, thank you so much for your comment on my blog. Sorry I can't reply directly to your comment as an email address doesn't appear with your comment ('no reply comment blogger'). Just wanted to let you know I appreciate your feedback and taking the time to join the discussion. Best wishes, Judith xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with the cats! Looks fantastic. Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some child will adore that kitty quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a darling quilt! It is so nice of you to make such beautiful things for charity!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I love that you took time out to comment on my blog.

A gorgeous break in Rarotonga

Woo hoo, A holiday with no kids for 11 days. Bliss, relaxing and warm! BTW it was an early 20th wedding anniversary present to ourselves....